You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is starzplay available in UK

hi, I'm just after subscribing for the £1.99 for 6 month special offer, here in UK through https://www.starz.com/gb/en/. I can log into my account on my iPad/iPhone/safari with no problems through starzplay app. but when I downloaded the app on my Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K, and try to log into my account. I get the message "sorry, unfortunately our service is not available in your country" I've contacted starzplay support but they are just saying to me contact apple support.

if they are not available in uk and cancel my account, will I get the same hassle through Apple when I try to login to app. as I really only want to continue the story of Power

when I've checked my bank account, they are taking £2.99 probably the extra £1 is an admin fee

thanks in advance and sorry for it being so long winded

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 2:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 3:11 AM

I don’t know what app you downloaded or how, but the StarzPlay app is available in the UK App Store for iPhone and iPad, not for Apple TV. StarzPlay Support should have told you that.

In some countries StarzPlay is available as Apple TV app Channel (not a separate app). The subscriptions started outside the Apple TV app are unfortunately not exchangeable with the Apple TV app Channel of the same or similar name, and vise versa. To use the Apple TV app Channel version of Starz/StarzPlay, you will need to sign up inside the Apple TV app.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld (A bit America-centric, but the system works the same elsewhere, so the explanations of the differences with the separate app hold true.)

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2020 3:11 AM in response to alistairmck

I don’t know what app you downloaded or how, but the StarzPlay app is available in the UK App Store for iPhone and iPad, not for Apple TV. StarzPlay Support should have told you that.

In some countries StarzPlay is available as Apple TV app Channel (not a separate app). The subscriptions started outside the Apple TV app are unfortunately not exchangeable with the Apple TV app Channel of the same or similar name, and vise versa. To use the Apple TV app Channel version of Starz/StarzPlay, you will need to sign up inside the Apple TV app.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld (A bit America-centric, but the system works the same elsewhere, so the explanations of the differences with the separate app hold true.)

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Sep 28, 2020 3:23 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Hi, thanks for replying back, never said anything, but was quick to send me back to apple, I’ll cancel my STARZPLAY acount and get a refund when I get home.

here is his full reply to me

Thanks for reaching out to Starz Support. We're sorry you're having this problem. You may want to reach out to Apple regarding the availability of Starz in your area on Apple TVs. Thank you.  

Let us know if we can help you further. 

is starzplay available in UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.