You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Mac OS system can't connect to Share SMB windows 2008 server.

Mac OS system can't connect to windows 2008 server.

SMB (Server Message Block) shares after sleep mode cannot access the share file.

Kindly give solution

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 4:17 AM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2024 11:09 PM in response to Rudegar

my mac Device- Mac mini M2

I am currently experiencing an issue with a shared folder on our Windows Server 2008 Standard. When the system enters sleep mode or remains inactive for a period of time, access to the shared folder is denied. It takes 2-3 minutes to reconnect to the server, after which the folder works fine again.

Could you please advise on how to maintain continuous access to the shared folder without disconnection, even during periods of inactivity?

Oct 4, 2024 11:09 PM in response to aafts

my mac Device- Mac mini M2

I am currently experiencing an issue with a shared folder on our Windows Server 2008 Standard. When the system enters sleep mode or remains inactive for a period of time, access to the shared folder is denied. It takes 2-3 minutes to reconnect to the server, after which the folder works fine again.

Could you please advise on how to maintain continuous access to the shared folder without disconnection, even during periods of inactivity?

Mac OS system can't connect to Share SMB windows 2008 server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.