You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Incorrect iTunes artwork on iPad after synch

I added some music to my new iPad pro, and, after being forced to update to the latest iOS version and synching the iPad, many albums on the iPad now have the wrong artwork. I am synching from a mac mini. In iTunes on the mac the art work is correct, but it seems that some (but not all) albums get random artwork (either from the same artist or a different one). When I originally synched the new iPad (last weekend) with the old one everything seemed correct.

This is old school I rip an album from CD on the mac, add the artwork, and synch with the iPad. I am not using any streaming/cloud service. Although the process of synching the two has always been frustrating I have not encountered it randomly changing the artwork before.

I also synched my iPod Touch. The artwork is correct there (I skip software updates for that device as I only use it to listen to music while driving, so any new software features are useless to me).

This is obviously an issue with the synch process with the newest iPad software. Please fix it. This is an absurdly ridiculous defect for a company like Apple. Don't you have any QA?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 7:56 PM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2024 6:26 PM in response to OMFS24

Just solved this issue on my iPhone. I painstakingly added correct album art to dozens of albums on my Macbook Pro. Unfortunately when I synced my iPhone it never updated the artwork. I solved the issue by deleting the Apple Music app off my phone, reinstalling it and then re-syncing the phone. It worked perfectly. Here are the steps:

1. Double check that all the artwork on your MacBook (or whatever device you are using that allows you to 'get info' on the albums and songs (three dots to the left). This will be your master library.
  2. Once everything is copacetic on that primary device's Apple Music app connect your iPad or iPhone or whatever secondary device you are using to the primary (I use a lightening cable for my iPhone).
  3. Open a finder window on your MacBook. In the finder window you'll see the secondary device in the 'Locations' column to the left. Select that.
  4. Select "Music" from the tabs at the center top.
  5. DeSelect "Sync music onto "xx's device" (your device)
  6. You'll get a warning message that it will erase everything on your secondary device. It was fine for me. I had it on my MacBook Pro so I could sync it later.
  7. Once the secondary device is erased. Delete the Apple Music app from your secondary device.
  8. Reinstall Apple Music app on your secondary device.
  9. Once the app is installed log in into Apple Music on your secondary device with the same login info as you primary device.
  10. Go through steps 2-4 again.
  11. Select "Sync music onto "xx's device" (your device)
  12. Select "Apply" at the lower right.
  13. Once the sync is finished it should be all set. Worked for me. Good luck!

Incorrect iTunes artwork on iPad after synch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.