You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Import my CD to Apple Music in Windows 11

Since the "Import" button is missing from sidebar actions, what is the work around?

Windows, Windows 11 (22621)

Posted on Aug 24, 2024 3:30 PM

8 replies

Aug 26, 2024 1:06 PM in response to DivaDebra

Hello. I have the same question, so I clicked on the "me too". But I just found the answer, by accident, maybe. Despite the changes, If you still go into itunes, after you've put in a CD, it'll still automatically open up "import". Yes. But, I still don't see where the music goes once I've done that. It hasn't gone into apple music, as of yet. I'm doing this on a windows 11 pc, and am an android user. Do you have any thoughts? Perhaps we might yet figure it out together.

Aug 26, 2024 8:05 PM in response to theresalee52

I saw an answer a couple nights ago and can't find it again! But it steered me to the right place and I had 3 programs open and managed to upload 5 CDs to Apple Music. It had something to do with Windows Media Player Legacy and File Explorer. After ripping the CD, I clicked and dragged the album from File Explorer into Apple Music. But I cannot duplicate the result. Good luck!

Import my CD to Apple Music in Windows 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.