You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV app stopped working on AndroidTV (Philips)

App stopped working from one day to the next. Error is playback cannot start. Troubleshooting from the AppleTV app is showing everything is ok.

Troubleshooting I did (not in this order):

a) TV has a strong WIFI connection (800Mbps).

b) From the same TV, youtube and netflix are fine.

c) I can use the appleTV app from my iphone without any issues from the same room

d) I have not exceeded the number of streams allowed

e) I have cleared the cache on my TV, force-stopped the app, re-logged in

f) TV has the latest software (nothing changed from last week)

g) AppleTV app is the latest

h) I rebooted the TV

i) I reset the app

Any help please?

Al

TPM171E,

Posted on May 29, 2024 3:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2024 10:16 PM

I am also facing the same issue with my Oneplus U1s TV few day before apple TV application is working but now when i hit the login option login option where we have to put user id and password to login into application never come.

utterly frustrated.

Similar questions

14 replies

Jul 18, 2024 2:44 AM in response to SantoshDanje

Oneplus U1s TV

I think that would use the Android TV (v10) smart TV platform.

few day before apple TV application is working

Once signed in, the app is supposed to remember the last used sign-in, and continue with that.

but now when i hit the login option login option where we have to put user id and password to login into application never come.

When you navigate to ⚙ Settings, it should give an option for Accounts details at the top of the settings list. Click to continue. If it shows an account, then that account will have a Sign Out option. If this setting doesn’t show an account yet, then you can sign in there, using an Apple ID account and its password. If you did that, and then it stalls, then there may be a communication error in contacting the remote server to verify these account settings.

1. Try a cold restart of the TV,
  2. Check for system software updates for the TV. Apply if available,
  3. Check that apps are set to auto-update,
  4. else check manually that the Apple TV app is up-to-date,
  5. Verify that you use a good DNS (not a special purpose one) on your router, that doesn’t block any of Apple’s servers,
  6. If you use a VPN, then try it without that.

If you want to start over from scratch with this app, you can:

1. Reset the Apple TV app,
  2. Delete and re-install the Apple TV app.

If the issue persists after that, then contact the Apple Support staff for assistance.

Jul 6, 2024 2:04 PM in response to alistair77

I've discovered the same problem too. Fully reset my TV. Every other service on the TV works - iPlayer, Netflix, etc. but Apple TV app refuses to connect saying there's a network error.

I'm using a Plume system supplied by Swish/Cuckoo on default network settings. Apple TV is working on every other device in the home.

So frustrating! Can't access all the content I've purchased on Apple TV.

Jul 11, 2024 10:39 PM in response to KazSun

we have a TCL tv.

For troubleshooting purposes, please be more specific, as TCL is known to have used Fire TV, Roku, Android TV/​Google TV, ‘Smart TV 2’, and Shijiu TV/​QCast, as the smart platform in their TV models.

When we try Apple TV now it seems to affect the whole tv and we have to turn off to at power point and restart.

The smart TV OS should prevent any app to have influence beyond that specific app itself [Sandboxing]. Restarts shouldn’t be needed when an app does something unexpected or unintended. That being said, restarts can solve some other issues (memory, caches, etc).

Perhaps more effectively, try deleting and reinstalling the Apple TV app.

See if TV system software updates are available and apply them, as that can affect apps too.

AppleTV app stopped working on AndroidTV (Philips)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.