You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So you can share an image from Quicktime but not save it locally?!?

Looks like you can only copy an image or share an image from Quicktime. How friggin goofy is that? I guess I could share it with my phone and then Airdrop it back to my Mac mini? How's does this kind of thing get missed??

Mac mini (M2 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 4:27 PM

6 replies

Apr 11, 2024 2:58 AM in response to curtisfromnovato

> video in QT you can right click on the video and you have two choices. One is to copy the still frame and the other is to share the still

Thanks for sharing this tip! I was not aware that right-clicking QuickTime Player window allows copying or sharing an image (and also extracting a Subject from the background in a similar manner).

But you are right that there should be an option to also save the image. ...hmm ...but then there should be an option for the image format and the desired folder, and an option to copy some/all possible movie metadata to image metadata... Maybe in the next macOS upgrade?

Apr 10, 2024 3:19 PM in response to Urquhart1244

After opening a video in QT you can right click on the video and you have two choices. One is to copy the still frame and the other is to share the still. Copy requires the additional step of pasting it into an app like preview or photoshop. Sharing only allows you to use AirDrop or other apps, there is no option to just save the still directly to your hard drive.

So you can share an image from Quicktime but not save it locally?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.