You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus running 10.3.3. Maybe it’s time to update my phone, but I’m using an image editing app that will not run on newer versions.

The app saves exported images to Photos. But how to get images from Photos to my iPad running 14.6 where I want to use the images? The two devices do not share photo streams, and I don’t want them to.

How about AirDrop? When I go to phone>Photos>tap an image>Share>and tap AirDrop and have the phone and the iPad on and next to each other, the iPhone does not offer to share images with the iPad. Dropbox basic will not run on both devices.

How about using iCloud? In iCloud Drive on the iPhone and Files on the iPad, I see the same shared folders: ArtText3, BBedit, garage band for iOS, graphics, pages, preview etc. I do not see a “shared folder“ as I expected that I can manually save items to on the phone so that I will then be able to open them on the iPad.

How do I share the files between the iPhone and the iPad??

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 2:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 4:02 PM

I think I’ve solved it. In the Photos app on iPhone, I tap the image then the share button and in the bottom row of share icons towards the end, there’s Add to iCloud Drive. If I tap that, the image appears in Files on the iPad.

Similar questions

1 reply

Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.