You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update/redownload pre-installed Pro Apps Bundle for Education

I purchased the Pro App Bundle for Education (Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Motion, Compressor, and MainStage) as an extra to be pre-installed on my new Mac.

I was prompted to update the apps which was fine for 4 of them but the Motion app gave me an error message saying 'Unable to update app as it was purchased with a different Apple ID'. This isn't true the Mac and Bundle were purchased and set up with the same Apple ID and the Mac has only had 1 Apple ID associated with it.

I looked for some help online and one thread suggested deleting and re-installing the App. I was unable to do this as the Mac App Store wanted me to pay for Motion again. I have now restored the Motion app from a Time Machine back up.

Why is the app not connected to my Apple ID but the other 4 in the bundle are and how do I re-download it properly (without paying for it agin) so that I can update the app?

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 1:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 2:10 PM

Try to get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to update/redownload pre-installed Pro Apps Bundle for Education

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.