You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power/Side Button Coming Loose

The Power/Side button on my Series 6 watch is coming loose. It's still hanging on by the top, but the bottom is now loose (see pic). Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix?

Also, will this affect the waterproofness of the watch? I'm afraid to put this underwater and risk damaging the screen or other internal parts.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 11:23 AM

9 replies

Jun 22, 2023 4:21 AM in response to javaliga

Thanks. The online estimate I got from Apple for a repair is $300, which seems enormously high considering I can just replace the watch with a brand new model for not much more money.

I’m surprised at how little information I could find about this button malfunction online. It doesn’t seem to be a very common thing. Most others I found that had a similar issue ended up just replacing the whole watch, which is what I might do. I just wish it could’ve lasted until the Series 9 comes out in a few months.

Jun 22, 2023 8:02 AM in response to Rudegar

My thoughts exactly. I don't want to take the risk, and the price of hiring a professional to do it as almost as much as a brand new watch. Seeing as mine is a Series 6, I could get a new Series 8 for not more much money than the cost of a repair.

I still wonder about the waterproofness... does the button being loose affect it? Or is the waterproof seal deeper and underneath the button? When the button is in its normal position, there's a small gap between it and the watch face, making me think that it's not the button that makes the watch waterproof, but rather the face/casing. If that's accurate, I'm inclined to think that my watch is still waterproof.

Power/Side Button Coming Loose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.