You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 - waterproof

My apple watch stopped working. Do not see anything displayed. I think it still connects to the phone. The side button of the watch is not working. I swim everyday in the flat part of the ocean * salt water * for about 1/2 hour. I am not sure if the water troubled the side button which had jammed and later one end raised and opened up a little bit. I am located in Jamaica and without access to any professional assistance. Please can someone advise me what to do? Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 26, 2021 8:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 7:46 AM

Thanks for your help. I guess I have listen too much to other people telling me that the watch is waterproof. Now I read everything about this subject waterproof and water resistant and will be more careful. Just have to buy a new watch. Would I be able getting a small credit returning the damaged watch when purchasing a new one - Apple 6. I had purchased the old watch in the Apple Store in the Dadeland Mall in Miami. Regards and Thanks for your info and time used to read and answer.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2021 7:46 AM in response to Rudegar

Thanks for your help. I guess I have listen too much to other people telling me that the watch is waterproof. Now I read everything about this subject waterproof and water resistant and will be more careful. Just have to buy a new watch. Would I be able getting a small credit returning the damaged watch when purchasing a new one - Apple 6. I had purchased the old watch in the Apple Store in the Dadeland Mall in Miami. Regards and Thanks for your info and time used to read and answer.

Apple Watch Series 4 - waterproof

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.