You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power button on Apple Watch series 6 not working properly

Hi,

so the power button on my apple watch series 6 works only when I am turning on the apple watch. It does not respond to anything else - powering off, or double click for apple pay, or one click to cancel apps. It just simply does not work for those things. It only works when the Apple Watch is off and I need to turn it on by pressing the power button.

It is updated, i tried the water trick, I tried cleaning around the power button, nothing is working..

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 12:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 1:16 PM

If it does not work when you try to Force restart

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

then You ought to reach out to Apple Support directly to have it assessed. You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support   or Click here > Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple 

Watch repairs 

Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2023 1:16 PM in response to andjodas

If it does not work when you try to Force restart

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

then You ought to reach out to Apple Support directly to have it assessed. You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support   or Click here > Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple 

Watch repairs 

Apple Watch Service & Repair - Apple Support

Power button on Apple Watch series 6 not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.