You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock my IPhone

I bought a locked IPHONE from the US & I don’t know which carrier !!

Is there any way to unlock the SIM card without knowing the carrier?

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 3:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 10:20 AM

It is not possible.

Contact the store/retailer and ask which carrier the iPhone is locked to.

See this Apple article: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

• Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2023 10:20 AM in response to Jimmy7763

It is not possible.

Contact the store/retailer and ask which carrier the iPhone is locked to.

See this Apple article: How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

• Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.

Apr 25, 2023 7:59 AM in response to Jimmy7763

No. Only the carrier it is locked to can unlock it.

Did you buy a used iphone from someone? If so, ask them who it’s locked to. If you can’t do that, call AppleCare and give them the serial number. They should be able to tell you.

If it’s locked to a US carrier and you are not a current or former customer of that carrier, it is unlikely that it can be unlocked.

Unlock my IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.