You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to do Apple Watch software update.to do the software update on my Apple Watch SE from 9.3 to 9.4.

I can’t do that software update for my Apple Watch SE. (from 9.3 to 9.4.) I tried every steps as instructed. It says ““Unable to check for update An error occurred while checking for a software update.” It doesn’t mention what error. what Should I do?

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 9:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 4:41 AM

Dah-veed ... baby, your answer is the - NORMAL - " easy button " reply.

For the apple watch / iphone users that updated their software the past few days

when we - Follow Your NORMAL - instructions it says the watch is "unable to check for update".

We've all rebooted the watch & iphone. Tried to update from the iphone app, watch alone, NO HELP.

This is an error that came out of THE APPLE Nationwide Released Update.. it F'd the watch up.

We need (1) a QUICK Apple Update to fix it, a way for the iphone to forward it to the watch

or.. (2) a backway in the watch to force an update WITHOUT F'n HAVING TO RESET THE **** WATCH !!

Gosh, after the last watch update that screwed with the battery (making it die in 4 hours) I had

told a co-worker to NEVER accept an update for a week or so to make sure there's no bugs..

Idiot Me.. I thought it was a fix.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2023 4:41 AM in response to Dah•veed

Dah-veed ... baby, your answer is the - NORMAL - " easy button " reply.

For the apple watch / iphone users that updated their software the past few days

when we - Follow Your NORMAL - instructions it says the watch is "unable to check for update".

We've all rebooted the watch & iphone. Tried to update from the iphone app, watch alone, NO HELP.

This is an error that came out of THE APPLE Nationwide Released Update.. it F'd the watch up.

We need (1) a QUICK Apple Update to fix it, a way for the iphone to forward it to the watch

or.. (2) a backway in the watch to force an update WITHOUT F'n HAVING TO RESET THE **** WATCH !!

Gosh, after the last watch update that screwed with the battery (making it die in 4 hours) I had

told a co-worker to NEVER accept an update for a week or so to make sure there's no bugs..

Idiot Me.. I thought it was a fix.

Mar 29, 2023 10:36 PM in response to TaniaApplewatch

Are you trying to update the watch using the Watch App on your iPhone? If so, try updating on the watch.

Go to Settings>General>Software Update on the watch and initiate the update. As soon as you do, remove the watch from your arm and place it on its charging puck.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.3;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.4; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.4; HomePods, audioOS 16.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Mar 30, 2023 8:57 AM in response to Joe_wht

1. The OP gave very little information regarding their issue.
  2. Starting with a simple solution is appropriate for issues with little information from the OP. However, I skipped the simplest solution which is a hard restart!
  3. If this were the nationwide issue that you claim that it is, then this forum would be filled with folks having the issue. This is the first I've seen.
  4. I had no such issue when I updated my  Watch series 7 from watchOS 9.3.1 to 9.4 using OTA directly on my watch.

PS - Most folks who come here with battery issues after a watchOS update have solved the issue with a hard restart.

Unable to do Apple Watch software update.to do the software update on my Apple Watch SE from 9.3 to 9.4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.