You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running softwareupdate --install-rosetta gives the following error: softwareupdate[7364:131624] Package Authoring Error: 032-48321: Package reference com.apple.pkg.RosettaUpdateAuto is missing installKBytes attribute

Running softwareupdate --install-rosetta gives the following error: 

softwareupdate[7364:131624] Package Authoring Error: 032-48321: Package reference com.apple.pkg.RosettaUpdateAuto is missing installKBytes attribute

Install of Rosetta 2 finished successfully

Mac Details:

Chip: Apple M2 Pro

macOS: Ventura 13.2.1

Questions:

1. Can we ignore the above error?
  2. What utility does it impact? The Rosetta Auto Updater?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 10:10 PM

I have not found any resolution or workaround to this issue.

In this particular case, I was installing Flutter for Mac and I have not yet a code run which is specific to Mac Silicon. Hence, I am currently ignoring the above issue.

Still the above issue needs to be fixed.

Similar questions

2 replies

Running softwareupdate --install-rosetta gives the following error: softwareupdate[7364:131624] Package Authoring Error: 032-48321: Package reference com.apple.pkg.RosettaUpdateAuto is missing installKBytes attribute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.