You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS 12 want install Rosetta2 on multiple devices and different locations

Hello, since today it seem macOS 12 has problem with Rosetta and the Software Catalog.

sudo softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license    
By using the agreetolicense option, you are agreeing that you have run this tool with the license only option and have read and agreed to the terms.
If you do not agree, press CTRL-C and cancel this process immediately.
Rosetta 2 update is not available

Also a normal Software update check failed:

sudo softwareupdate -l --verbose                                                               
Software Update Tool
Finding available software
The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1012.)

Download via GUI also fails:

But I can reach all servers and also download the catalog manually.

curl -O https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-rosettaupdateauto-1.sucatalog.gz
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

100 63195  100 63195    0     0   372k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  398k

Also the content looks fine for me:

My last action was to try to setup the package manually but also this will not work. The system ignore the installed package.

Any ideas community?

Thanks!!

Michael

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 3:56 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Mar 1, 2023 10:40 AM in response to PRP_53

Hi,

yes i am running Endpoint Security on this devices but also with a fresh installed system i have the same issue.

I also disconnected my device from all internal network sources und connect only the iPhone Hotspot with my Mac.

I am sure this discussions are releated to my topic:

Cannot reinstall Monterey - network issue - Apple Community (Mar 1, 2023 4:56 AM)

My MacBook can't find new updates - Apple Community ( Feb 28, 2023 2:03 PM)

Mar 1, 2023 9:28 PM in response to PRP_53

I totally understand your thinking in the private environment but in my case we are talking of a enterprise company with thousands of devices. There is no other way to track issues und prevent also the users from risk actions like malware and unwanted spys. And last but not we are talking about Endpoint Protection and not a simple firewall this is already built-in. Since I have access to the reports, I can tell you that your statement is very risky for an enterprise company.

macOS 12 want install Rosetta2 on multiple devices and different locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.