You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to watch certain shows on Apple TV+

I have a 3 month free trial of Apple TV + (could not find a community for that directly), last week I watched the first episode of Dear Edward on my PC, and had no issues. I have watched other series with no issues until the last few days when I have tried to watch the 2nd episode of Dear Edward, and now found this crazy issue with the video. There are lines across the screen and its all jacked up. I have also found this issue on Echo 3 (but not other series like Shrinking or Ted Lasso)

I have tried everything, resetting all settings, other browsers, firewalls, graphic drivers. I spoke with apple and they had no solution for me. Saying its not a content issue.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 10:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 11:01 PM

I found a workaround that is working perfectly for me on win11 with chrome browser. I was having the distorted diagonal screen with green line on numerous episodes. It was driving me crazy!

I went to chrome://flags and changed 3 settings: Changed all from Default to Enabled as you can see in the image below. Good luck!

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2023 11:01 PM in response to snowdeath

I found a workaround that is working perfectly for me on win11 with chrome browser. I was having the distorted diagonal screen with green line on numerous episodes. It was driving me crazy!

I went to chrome://flags and changed 3 settings: Changed all from Default to Enabled as you can see in the image below. Good luck!

Feb 14, 2023 8:35 AM in response to carlie47

Someone else seems to have posted about a similar issue, at the same time, to the minute.

While I have no solution to offer at this time, any of the forum users should be able to get back to you, if a cause or solution is found.

If the issue resolves itself somehow with time, or other solution that you may find, then please also react here.

Feb 15, 2023 7:22 PM in response to carlie47

I'm having the exact same issue as Carlie47. The picture is distorted and there's a green line appearing diagonally on the left side of the screen. This has happened with Echo 3 and now with Greyhound (Tom Hanks). I was able to continue watching on my iPhone, but the problem persists on my laptop. The preview of Greyhound was fine, but when the movie started the green line and distorted picture appeared. Any suggestions related to how to diagnose and solve the problem would be appreciated.

Feb 16, 2023 3:41 AM in response to carlie47

Same for me. 2 different computers, 1 a desktop and one a laptop. 2 episodes of Ted Lasso, Season 1, 5 and 7 are unwatchable. 6 was fine. Tried both Chrome and Edge and the same problem on the same episodes.

Not acceptable by Apple. Must be their issue as I am using different hardware and same outcome.

Come on Apple, get your finger out and fix this.

Unable to watch certain shows on Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.