You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Update download bar disappeared from Finder when phone accidentally disconnected

I was downloading an update for my IPhone through my MacBook Pro, when all of a sudden it accidentally disconnected for a second.

I reconnected and have been able to use the Terminal to confirm the update is still downloading (it also confirms as such on my iPhone tab in Finder) but the progress bar has completely vanished.

I no longer have a way of checking up on it in real-time, as I have to paste the same command into the Terminal every time I want to.

Is there any way I could possibly get this progress bar back? Would restarting my MacBook fix this issue, or would it cause the download to restart?

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 3:01 PM

1 reply

Dec 28, 2022 4:23 PM in response to I_dont_know_what

Hi I_dont_know_what,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

We'd advise restarting your MacBook Pro to see if the issue resolves itself. You may need to start the download over again.

'Restart your Mac

• On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Restart.

If you don’t want app windows that are open to reopen when your Mac restarts, deselect “Reopen windows when logging back in.” '

If this hasn't resolved the issue, please contact Apple Support for a deeper dive.

Have a fantastic day!

iPhone Update download bar disappeared from Finder when phone accidentally disconnected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.