You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Mac Safari(16.1) support PWA to add website to home screen?

I have updated my safari to the latest version 16.1 on Mac and try to find the entrance to add web page to home screen. But I still couldn't find it.

Is there anyone know if Mac Safari(16.1) support to add web page to home screen currently?

Many thanks

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 3:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 12:35 PM

he means progressive web app (PWA) and basically it is the ability to install a web app to your desktop. It then effectively acts like a standalone app with better functionality and integration. Try Squoosh.app to give it a trial go.

However, you can't with the Safari browser. Apple are sadly years behind with allowing this but if you can bring yourself to do it...

PWAs work with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome on MacOS

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2022 12:35 PM in response to leroydouglas

he means progressive web app (PWA) and basically it is the ability to install a web app to your desktop. It then effectively acts like a standalone app with better functionality and integration. Try Squoosh.app to give it a trial go.

However, you can't with the Safari browser. Apple are sadly years behind with allowing this but if you can bring yourself to do it...

PWAs work with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome on MacOS

Oct 26, 2022 4:22 AM in response to xinyushen

xinyushen wrote:

I have updated my safari to the latest version 16.1 on Mac and try to find the entrance to add web page to home screen. But I still couldn't find it.

Is there anyone know if Mac Safari(16.1) support to add web page to home screen currently?

Many thanks

PWA....(?)

Safari> Preferences>General

Change your homepage in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.