You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 won't turn off, on, restart, or open any apps

Over the past day my phone hasn't been ringing when people try to call me, message notifications come up 15-30 minutes after arriving. I tried doing a hard restart but it wouldn't restart. After that none of the apps would open and I could not turn off my screen. I can still unlock my phone with my face if I moved it, I can recieve notifications, I can access the notification centre, and can swipe between home screens.

I am waiting for it to die so it can restart, but I don't know why this has happened or how to prevent it from happening again, any ideas?

Thanks.

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 5:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 6:32 AM

First try a Forced restart Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If the phone will not force restart you should arrange a repair 

iPhone Service & Repair - Apple Support

Or

Contact - Official Apple Support

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article under "Other damage"

See also:  Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 10, 2022 6:32 AM in response to a-duong

First try a Forced restart Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

If the phone will not force restart you should arrange a repair 

iPhone Service & Repair - Apple Support

Or

Contact - Official Apple Support

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article under "Other damage"

See also:  Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

iPhone 11 won't turn off, on, restart, or open any apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.