You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max won't turn on after possible water damage

Not coming on after water catch it what should I do over 2 hours now

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 11:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:31 PM

rs09 wrote:

If you dropped it in fresh water that’s 50m or shallower (correct me if I’m wrong on that number), you should be fine. Otherwise, you may be busy cleaning off some corrosion.

That rating is under lab controlled conditions and has little to do with real world experience. The fact it won't turn on indicates the phone is damaged and Apple will not attempt to repair a liquid damaged phone. It's certainly not covered under warranty either. Plus the statement, you'll be busy cleaning off some corrosion has little to do with reality. It's not like one can just pop open their iPhone and clean inside it.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2022 1:31 PM in response to rs09

rs09 wrote:

If you dropped it in fresh water that’s 50m or shallower (correct me if I’m wrong on that number), you should be fine. Otherwise, you may be busy cleaning off some corrosion.

That rating is under lab controlled conditions and has little to do with real world experience. The fact it won't turn on indicates the phone is damaged and Apple will not attempt to repair a liquid damaged phone. It's certainly not covered under warranty either. Plus the statement, you'll be busy cleaning off some corrosion has little to do with reality. It's not like one can just pop open their iPhone and clean inside it.

iPhone 11 Pro Max won't turn on after possible water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.