You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I backup my iPhone 6s Plus on my MacBook Pro?

I am unable to backup my iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 15.5 on my MacBook Pro.which runs MacOS 11.6.6. I downloaded the software update mentioned in the apple support article - HT208831. I now get the message "... not enough free space is available on this Mac". This is incorrect, since I have about 443 GB on my Mac, and the iPhone is 128 GB. I did not have any problem with backups, till I upgraded to Big Sur. Is there a workaround? Thank you.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 11:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 11:42 PM

Yajurveda Said:

"How do I backup my iPhone 6s Plus on my MacBook Pro?: [...]I now get the message "... not enough free space is available on this Mac". This is incorrect, since I have about 443 GB on my Mac, and the iPhone is 128 GB. I did not have any problem with backups, till I upgraded to Big Sur. Is there a workaround? Thank you."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone and Mac Storage Inconsistencies:

Try installing an update. See this link: If you see "Software Update is Required to Connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2022 11:42 PM in response to Yajurveda

Yajurveda Said:

"How do I backup my iPhone 6s Plus on my MacBook Pro?: [...]I now get the message "... not enough free space is available on this Mac". This is incorrect, since I have about 443 GB on my Mac, and the iPhone is 128 GB. I did not have any problem with backups, till I upgraded to Big Sur. Is there a workaround? Thank you."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone and Mac Storage Inconsistencies:

Try installing an update. See this link: If you see "Software Update is Required to Connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I backup my iPhone 6s Plus on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.