You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Light rapidly blinking

How do I fix my Apple TV when the light rapidly blinking?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Mar 16, 2022 10:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 3:19 PM

Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t do the external restore themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance. There may be other options besides a visit to the Apple Store.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2022 3:19 PM in response to Timyorkjr84

Unfortunately, for the 4K model, users can’t do the external restore themselves. Instead, contact Apple Support for assistance. There may be other options besides a visit to the Apple Store.

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV 4K
If you […] see a black screen on your TV and flashing indicator light on the front of your Apple TV, contact Apple Support.

Mar 17, 2022 12:06 AM in response to Timyorkjr84

Hi Tim,

I believe this means it’s in recovery mode. The following advice assumes you cannot access menus/you’re getting no video from the AppleTV.

• I’ve read in the discussions that you can unplug it for 1 minute, plug it back in, see what happens (if rapid flashing light goes away). I don’t know if it’ll work but it’s worth a try.

• if it’s an AppleTV 4K, it’ll require a trip to your local Apple Store. They should be able to get it out of recovery mode. If it’s not a 4K model/older model with a USB, there is a reset process via that USB port with a Mac or PC.

Light rapidly blinking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.