You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adobe crash

I installed 12.2.1 today and the adobe app was crashing badly. Also uninstalling it was a nightmare! I anyhow managed to uninstall it. But even after reinstalling it, it still is "not responding".

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 8:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 2:01 PM

Thank you for trying to help, but I could resolve the issue using a different method. And sorry for not explaining the situation properly earlier.

Before the update, I have had opened the adobe reader, and once the update was finished it wanted me to log into my adobe account. Since I did not remember my password, and I usually log in with my google account, I closed the app and reset my password, and tried to re-open the app. But it just opens ups then does not respond at all. I had to force quit the app several times after opening the force quit from a different app. I reinstalled the latest version of adobe reader after cleaning up the cache and removing the app but had no success. Then I opened a pdf using adobe which was "a go" for my surprise and I immediately logged out from my adobe account and logged in again. This fixed the problem!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2022 2:01 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you for trying to help, but I could resolve the issue using a different method. And sorry for not explaining the situation properly earlier.

Before the update, I have had opened the adobe reader, and once the update was finished it wanted me to log into my adobe account. Since I did not remember my password, and I usually log in with my google account, I closed the app and reset my password, and tried to re-open the app. But it just opens ups then does not respond at all. I had to force quit the app several times after opening the force quit from a different app. I reinstalled the latest version of adobe reader after cleaning up the cache and removing the app but had no success. Then I opened a pdf using adobe which was "a go" for my surprise and I immediately logged out from my adobe account and logged in again. This fixed the problem!

Feb 19, 2022 6:18 AM in response to sukitha226

Just what happens when you launch it? At what step does iy "crash"?

Any error messages?

WHen you reinstalled it did you redownload the latest version?

I just downloaded and installed Adobe reader and it works fine. I am on 12.2.1.

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Does it work in Safe Mode?

If yes does it continue to work after normal start?

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

adobe crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.