You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Adobe AIR.framework” is damaged and can’t be opened.

An App called HymnQuest no longer launches. Instead I get the message “Adobe AIR.framework” is damaged and can’t be opened.

HymnQuest also produces the error message as in this screenshot

When I go to Adobe's webpage to download the latest runtime version, I get this message

Please help. I am way outside my comfort zone. I'm a driver not a mechanic!

iMac 27", 10.15

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 5:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 4:04 PM

I fixed my problem, and got Adobe Air to run and open my file.

I saw a thread from adobe which gave some instructions. https://community.adobe.com/t5/air/adobe-air-error-message-macosx-catalina/td-p/10683302

I opened terminal and entered

cd /Library/Frameworkssudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ./Adobe\ AIR.framework

Then I closed terminal

Then I opened activity monitor and found and selected the process Adobe Air, and then forced it to quit.

And bingo! I was then able to successfully right click on my file and open it with ADOBE AIR Application Installer

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2019 4:04 PM in response to PharmlyDoc

I fixed my problem, and got Adobe Air to run and open my file.

I saw a thread from adobe which gave some instructions. https://community.adobe.com/t5/air/adobe-air-error-message-macosx-catalina/td-p/10683302

I opened terminal and entered

cd /Library/Frameworkssudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ./Adobe\ AIR.framework

Then I closed terminal

Then I opened activity monitor and found and selected the process Adobe Air, and then forced it to quit.

And bingo! I was then able to successfully right click on my file and open it with ADOBE AIR Application Installer

Dec 17, 2019 1:11 PM in response to amslochd

I am trying to setup a new app called StudioCloud which works with Apple.Air. I cannot load the app because I get the error message "Adobe AIR.framework is damaged & can’t be opened" which seems to be a common error on Macs running OS10.15.2. On advice via other sites I have tried running a Terminal command - cd /Library/Frameworks sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ./Adobe\ AIR.framework - but that doesn't work either. Help please.

Dec 19, 2019 3:52 PM in response to jfirst

I have mac os Catalina and am having the same issues. I have a file called iOffline.air from an epub viewer website called ipublishcentral. I right click on the file and select open with "ADOBE AIR Application Installer" and nothing happens. I have the last version of Adobe Air installed.

I also have an application called Adobe AIR Uninstaller, which I want to use to uninstall and reinstall to see if that fixes things. But when I open the Uninstaller I get an error message stating " 'Adobe AIR Uninstaller' is damaged and can't be opened. Chrome downloaded this file today at 1:39 PM from get.adobe.com"

What to do?

“Adobe AIR.framework” is damaged and can’t be opened.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.