You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Same profile picture for different Mac users

Ever since the pandemic started here in Brazil, I have worked from home using my personal Mac. I currently have two users: one for my personal stuff and other for work stuff. Both are synced to my Apple ID, but I was able to set different picture profiles for each. Until today.

All of a sudden, both users began to show my Apple ID profile picture. If I try to change it, that new image is synced across all of my devices as my default profile picture. I know it sounds nitpicking, but this is really annoying for me.

Is there a way to "unlink" these pictures like it used to be?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 2:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 4:16 PM

biap wrote:

Ever since the pandemic started here in Brazil, I have worked from home using my personal Mac. I currently have two users: one for my personal stuff and other for work stuff. Both are synced to my Apple ID, but I was able to set different picture profiles for each. Until today.
All of a sudden, both users began to show my Apple ID profile picture. If I try to change it, that new image is synced across all of my devices as my default profile picture. I know it sounds nitpicking, but this is really annoying for me.
Thanks in advance!

This is the new way in Monterey.

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2021 4:16 PM in response to biap

biap wrote:

Thanks in advance!

This is the new way in Monterey.

submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Same profile picture for different Mac users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.