You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to have a unique profile picture for my different devices and Mac?

Is there a way to have a unique profile picture for my mac? I used to have a different profile picture on different macs, which I prefer. I upgraded to a new Macbook Pro with Monterey, changed my profile picture, and now this picture syncs across all my devices with my Apple id. I don't want this. Any way to limit this picture to just this one computer?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 5:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 9:36 AM

That’s no longer true in Monterey. I upgraded as well and Monterey force-changed my Mac’s unique user picture to the picture assigned to my iCloud account. I immediately opened up Users & Groups and reselected the original picture, however that just ended up force-changing my iCloud picture to my Mac’s user picture. This change is quite frustrating.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 4, 2021 9:36 AM in response to Yeet_Boy_FRESH

That’s no longer true in Monterey. I upgraded as well and Monterey force-changed my Mac’s unique user picture to the picture assigned to my iCloud account. I immediately opened up Users & Groups and reselected the original picture, however that just ended up force-changing my iCloud picture to my Mac’s user picture. This change is quite frustrating.

Nov 2, 2021 5:11 PM in response to 3SQ

3SQ wrote:

Is there a way to have a unique profile picture for my mac? I used to have a different profile picture on different macs, which I prefer. I upgraded to a new Macbook Pro with Monterey, changed my profile picture, and now this picture syncs across all my devices with my Apple id. I don't want this. Any way to limit this picture to just this one computer?

I do not see how this would accomplished if you remain on the same AppleID.

Select your Apple ID picture on Mac

How to have a unique profile picture for my different devices and Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.