You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i charge macbook from the monitor by the USB C ?

Hello, I have MacBook Pro 16 and I connecting it to the monitor by the ucb c cable. This monitor also charging my laptop but it only have 60 W. I know that for my laptop factory charger have 100W. Is it wears out faster my battery ?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 1:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 7:38 AM

It is not providing the needed wattage if your computer requires 100w and the monitor is only providing 60w.

Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

" If you use a power adapter that is lower in wattage than the adapter that came with your Mac, it won't provide enough power to your computer"

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 22, 2021 7:38 AM in response to Albananana

It is not providing the needed wattage if your computer requires 100w and the monitor is only providing 60w.

Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

" If you use a power adapter that is lower in wattage than the adapter that came with your Mac, it won't provide enough power to your computer"

Aug 22, 2021 7:42 AM in response to Albananana

Albananana wrote:

Hello, I have MacBook Pro 16 and I connecting it to the monitor by the ucb c cable. This monitor also charging my laptop but it only have 60 W. I know that for my laptop factory charger have 100W. Is it wears out faster my battery ?

Plug the power directly to the Mac for best results.

Early on it was discovered Power on the right side port, peripherals separated to the left side— seems to help with the cooling.

Can i charge macbook from the monitor by the USB C ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.