You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand the Horizontal and vertical navigation bar is missing

In the new version of garageband i cannot move inside the window of the tracks because the vertical bar and the horizontal bar does not appear!

MacBook

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 2:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 2:52 AM

The scroll bar will only be shown, if the window is smaller than then the track area. Try to change the zoom slider and zoom in on the measures. Then the scrollbar should come back, once the tracks are longer than the window is wide.

As a test, you could also enable this System Preference:

• System Preferences > General > Show Scroll bars > Always.

With this setting, the scroll bars will be shown even without the pointer over the scroll bars, but only if the track area is wider than the window.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2020 2:52 AM in response to Filippo-pad

The scroll bar will only be shown, if the window is smaller than then the track area. Try to change the zoom slider and zoom in on the measures. Then the scrollbar should come back, once the tracks are longer than the window is wide.

As a test, you could also enable this System Preference:

• System Preferences > General > Show Scroll bars > Always.

With this setting, the scroll bars will be shown even without the pointer over the scroll bars, but only if the track area is wider than the window.

Dec 21, 2020 6:58 AM in response to léonie

In the picture I sent the the track area I smaller then the window, even if you don't see the zoom pointer, trust me.

The bar do not show when I zoom in. P.s. I'm using 2 monitors, the second is 4k.

Anyway setting the system preference of the scroll bar i solved the problem, but to me is a little problem that this is the only way to see the bars. Thank anyway

GarageBand the Horizontal and vertical navigation bar is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.