You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot create an Apple Developer Account using my business email address

I have a very interesting problem. I am trying to signup for an Apple Developer Account.

But I don't want to use my existing personal Apple ID. Instead, I'd like to create a new Apple ID using my business email address. 

When I go to this page and try to use my business email address it keeps telling me that the email address is not available. See attached screenshot below.

At first I thought that perhaps I had already created an Apple ID using my business email address and just don't remember; so I visited this page to try to reset my password but when I enter the email and click [Continue], it tells me " This Apple ID is not valid or not supported."

Finally, I also tried the link for looking up my Apple ID in case I forgot it (shown in screenshot above as well) but get:

I'm stuck. Please help.

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 1:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 5:24 PM

Check if you might have used the work email as an rescue email adress on your regular apple ID.

That would stop you from making an apple ID on it.

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Delete a rescue email address

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Click Edit in the Security section. You might be asked to answer one or more security questions before you continue.
  3. To delete a rescue email address, click  next to the address.

If its there that means it was what stopping you.

It might take up to 30 days before you can use it as an apple ID after you delete it

Good luck!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 2, 2020 5:24 PM in response to Xavierp

Check if you might have used the work email as an rescue email adress on your regular apple ID.

That would stop you from making an apple ID on it.

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Delete a rescue email address

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Click Edit in the Security section. You might be asked to answer one or more security questions before you continue.
  3. To delete a rescue email address, click  next to the address.

If its there that means it was what stopping you.

It might take up to 30 days before you can use it as an apple ID after you delete it

Good luck!

Dec 3, 2020 9:43 AM in response to Eric Root

@Eric Root

Wow. I'm screwed. I can't wait 30 more days. I think. I will create a temp email address using my business domain and use that to create a new Apple ID — then create the Developer Account.

I will then try to change the temp email back to my main business email address by following this article (https://developer.apple.com/support/account/) where it tells you how to update the email address associated with your Apple ID. I hope there won't be any snags doing this later down the road!

Thanks!

Dec 3, 2020 8:03 AM in response to Androish

@Androish

I indeed had my business email set as a rescue email address so I followed your instructions to remove it. Soon after, I received an email from Apple which confirmed this update. HOWEVER, I still cannot create an Apple ID using my business email address.

I now wonder if perhaps this change just needs more time to propagate across all of Apple's databases...?

In the meantime my client is frustrated that I can't submit the App l'm developing to Apple for review.

Do you know what's the best way to contact Apple in such situation? I'm stuck now because as far as I can tell the only way to get help from Apple's Developer Support team is to have a Developer Account.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cannot create an Apple Developer Account using my business email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.