You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to back up my phone

I was having trouble backing up my iphone on my Mac and PC. My iphone has 64 GB and I haved used 63.5 GB. As I tried to back up on my Mac, which has about 100 GB, the not enough space popped up. So I switched to my PC which has about 600 GB of free space. But I am still getting the same message. I have tried to contact apple support, restarting both of my devices did not work at all. So I cannot back up my data at all now.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 7:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 7:37 PM

I'm not entirely sure.. I know that the phone needs some available storage space for normal operations.. I've heard various numbers, but ~5-10% free sticks in my head. So your phone must have simply been too full and causing errors.

3 replies

Unable to back up my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.