You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad screen sharing with apple tv4

I want to be able to share my ipad with my apple tv 4, in the past I have opened airplay on both devices and it worked fine. At that time I had an earlier apple tv. when i go to connect the ipad to the apple tv it asks for a code, I have no idea what this is; is there a way to bypass this or any other suggestions would be much appreciated

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 10:12 AM

Apple TV 4K and HD, require you enter the code displayed on your TV the first time you Airplay from a device to the Apple TV.

You should be seeing a code on the TV. After you enter it, it should not ask for it again unless you configure this in the Apple TV settings.

See here: Manage AirPlay settings on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2020 10:12 AM in response to John Hough

Apple TV 4K and HD, require you enter the code displayed on your TV the first time you Airplay from a device to the Apple TV.

You should be seeing a code on the TV. After you enter it, it should not ask for it again unless you configure this in the Apple TV settings.

See here: Manage AirPlay settings on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Jul 2, 2020 10:10 AM in response to John Hough

The code will be displayed on the TV/Monitor to which your AppleTV is connected. Simply enter this code on your iPad. Unless the AppleTV box is reset, it is generally necessary to enter the code only once for a specific device.

This is a configurable security feature of your AppleTV - preventing unauthorised access to your AppleTV by unapproved devices.

ipad screen sharing with apple tv4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.