You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chess app voice control update error MacOS 10.15.5

Hello, Ever since I updated the OS, there has been this error notice when my MacBook Air is turned on:

"An unexpected error occurred while downloading voice control for English language. Try again later."

I don't know, What can be done about fixing this?

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 3:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 2:06 PM

Hello reader -- Especially for those who have been waiting for an answer to this question, I have made progress. My 2015 MacBook Air is now updated to v. 15.6 and No Longer gives these error messages! So Horay and FINALLY it is resolved!

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 30, 2020 4:07 PM in response to MBA-15owner

Hello - here's an update to this problem. I called Apple support and they helped me figure out that it needs the firmware password. After taking it to local Apple store, they removed the firmware password. Now it gives the same error messages as before re: Chess app. It boots into Safe Mode and Recovery Mode where I ran Disk First Aid successfully.

Chess app voice control update error MacOS 10.15.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.