You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot run Duolingo Macbook Pro 14

Hello, I have a Duolingo subscription and after about six months it has stopped running on my MacBook Pro 14 OS 12.4. I downloaded the Mac Duolingo App as well and that won't run either. The Web version returns error code 406 and the app a contact supplier message. The app and web app work on my cell and my windows PCs.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 1:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 5:56 PM

I am not aware that Duolingo has a Mac app. The HTTP 406 error means the requested content cannot be rendered on the device, and is little more than a clue that you're attempting to do something the app cannot provide.

Try these suggestions: If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac - Apple Support. In addition to them, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do. And if you're using a VPN, try not using it.

Other than those suggestions you will need to contact its developer for assistance. It would appear your Duolingo account is ok, but there is something else preventing you from using their website on your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 17, 2023 5:56 PM in response to JATUK

I am not aware that Duolingo has a Mac app. The HTTP 406 error means the requested content cannot be rendered on the device, and is little more than a clue that you're attempting to do something the app cannot provide.

Try these suggestions: If Safari doesn't open a page or work as expected on your Mac - Apple Support. In addition to them, if you are using any non-Apple "anti-virus", "cleaning", or "Internet security" products including "banking security", anything at all in that broad category of utterly useless garbage, don't. A lot of things won't work if you do. And if you're using a VPN, try not using it.

Other than those suggestions you will need to contact its developer for assistance. It would appear your Duolingo account is ok, but there is something else preventing you from using their website on your Mac.

Sep 17, 2023 1:30 PM in response to JATUK

JATUK wrote:

Hello, I have a Duolingo subscription and after about six months it has stopped running on my MacBook Pro 14 OS 12.4. I downloaded the Mac Duolingo App as well and that won't run either. The Web version returns error code 406 and the app a contact supplier message. The app and web app work on my cell and my windows PCs.

third party software

If in doubt refer to the developers website; Support/Help/FAQ/known issues/compatibility /updates...

Contact a third party vendor

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

https://www.duolingo.com/info

https://www.duolingo.com/contact

Cannot run Duolingo Macbook Pro 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.