You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wear my Apple Watch Series 3 on my dominant hand... Will Apple Watch recognize that?

I received my Apple Watch today and have a question regarding orientation! I wear my watch on my dominant wrist, which also happens to be the left wrist. With the FitBit that I had before, there was a setting to note that as I imagine it skews data since my left arm will move more. But I can't find anything on the Apple Watch and Google isn't helping me. Do I need to do anything special to note it is my dominant hand or is Apple just smart enough to realize that?

Apple Watch

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:11 PM

The watch is setup by default to be worn on the left wrist,you can change this in settings if you prefer it on your other wrist and the watch doesn't need to be told which is your dominent hand.

If you go in the watch app on the phone and tap on general and then tap on watch orientation you will find the options to change wrist and whether the digital crown should be on the left side of the watch or the right.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2020 5:11 PM in response to meghan0317

The watch is setup by default to be worn on the left wrist,you can change this in settings if you prefer it on your other wrist and the watch doesn't need to be told which is your dominent hand.

If you go in the watch app on the phone and tap on general and then tap on watch orientation you will find the options to change wrist and whether the digital crown should be on the left side of the watch or the right.

I wear my Apple Watch Series 3 on my dominant hand... Will Apple Watch recognize that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.