You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 6 on Dominant Hand

Hi all, I was wondering if the Apple Watch Series 6's accuracy is in any way affected if it is worn on the dominant hand - for example, I am left-handed and would wear it on my left wrist.

I have looked through google and on this forum and could not find anything recent other than explanations that the watch can be worn on either wrist.

Thank you!

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 5:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2021 6:09 AM

It doesn't matter which wrist you wear it on,the watch's sensors don't know which wrist it's on they just know it's on A wrist and start sensing accordingly.

The only time it's even mentioned in settings is so that the watch face will be the right way up which ever wrist you wear it on.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 25, 2021 6:09 AM in response to RZ21

It doesn't matter which wrist you wear it on,the watch's sensors don't know which wrist it's on they just know it's on A wrist and start sensing accordingly.

The only time it's even mentioned in settings is so that the watch face will be the right way up which ever wrist you wear it on.

Apple Watch Series 6 on Dominant Hand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.