You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Auto-downloaded duplicate files on Apple Music/Windows

I have put many CDs into my Apple Music library, most of them from my PC using iTunes Match before I started subscribing to Apple Music.

I now see that for a good chunk of these CDs, every track is showing up twice in Apple Music. Right-clicking these duplicates typiecally shows that one of them is a "Matched AAC audio aile" and the other is an "Apple Lossless audio file." The second of these files is typically about twice the size of the first. Not only do these duplicates appear on my PC, but they are also synced to my iPhone and iPad.

Looking at dates makes it clear that the first of these pairs of files was placed on my PC by iTunes at the time I imported the CD, and the second was downloaded much more recently.

I would like to get rid of these duplicates. Any suggestions? There are far too many of these files for me to be able to deal with by hand.

Windows, Windows 11 (22631)

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 10:01 AM

There are no replies.

Auto-downloaded duplicate files on Apple Music/Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.