You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Tablets in Notes app - Column limit and enter takes to next row not to next line

Within my notes, I typically create a table to take notes. First column has the date, subject and some critical information with right column all the information. On my mac, I have found that Notes does not allow me to change the columns width or add a column three. Also pressing enter takes me to the next row which is not a default thing to do. Default should be next line and Alt+Enter should be next row. This impact productivity when you have to do this hundred times a day.

Any one else having similar issues and any workaround for this?

My mac is very updated 14.6.1 as of this post.

Posted on Sep 6, 2024 12:37 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 6, 2024 5:49 PM in response to user_xz

You can create more than 2 columns in Notes. Select a cell, click the "..." above the column, click the "⌄" icon and choose where to add the column.

To navigate to the next cell in a row, press the tab key. If you do it from the last cell in a row, it will add a new row automatically.

To increase the column width, the trick is to add several spaces after the text to force the column to resize.

Tablets in Notes app - Column limit and enter takes to next row not to next line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.