You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app not allowing editing and buttons are not clickable.

Notes app on mac doesn't allow me to add or edit anything.

Buttons are un clickable.

I would like to use the other functionality like tables etc.

Posted on Sep 22, 2020 7:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 8:13 AM

Hey dgb-apple,

It sounds like you're having trouble with certain options being grayed out in Notes.

It's unclear the account you have selected in the Sidebar in the screenshot. If you have a note with a third-party account, some options may not be available. Make sure that you are creating a new note under On My Mac or under iCloud. Let us know if this makes the features available now.

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2020 8:13 AM in response to dgb-apple

Hey dgb-apple,

It sounds like you're having trouble with certain options being grayed out in Notes.

It's unclear the account you have selected in the Sidebar in the screenshot. If you have a note with a third-party account, some options may not be available. Make sure that you are creating a new note under On My Mac or under iCloud. Let us know if this makes the features available now.

Have a great day.

Notes app not allowing editing and buttons are not clickable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.