You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Issues on MacBook Air

Siri is acting up on my MacBook Air (Intel Processor, macOS Sonoma 14.4, all software/firmware up to date). Sometimes there is no response to "Hey Siri". Sometimes clicking on the Siri icon will not "wake" Siri. When Siri does respond, sometimes it is with text on the screen and no actual words spoken. Sometimes (well, most often now), when Siri does respond, the last word in the response has a bit of echo sound, like being repeated a few times and fading away. Rebooting sometimes helps partly. Adjusting Siri settings sometimes helps (turning on/off Hey Siri, re-inputting voice commands to "teach" Siri again, etc). But the fixes don't seem to last too long. Responds to Hey Siri for a while, then not. Then the Siri icon will not work again (in dock and along top). I provided Feedback to Apple on this. I am not sure what brought this on, but it has been happening more and more often.

Appreciate any insights and guidance on how to fix this. Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Mar 17, 2024 11:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2024 8:53 AM

Exactly the same here. MB Pro 2021 with Intel... Tried everything, but no solution yet...

1 reply

Siri Issues on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.