You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clean Printer heads without utility settings in the new system

when system preferences was still available, I could access printer utilities and use them to clean printer heads on my Epson printer. I've looked everywhere in the new system settings and the only function it lets me perform are things like formatting the document. there aren't any utility settings. does anyone know how I can clean printer heads in the new system. its infuriating

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 12:39 PM

9 replies

Feb 19, 2024 9:37 AM in response to Cheyenne 1948

system preferences used to have a link to cleaning and I’m not sure why it’s gone. Even the Epson utility page no longer has an option. When I get time, I guess I’ll need to contact Epson customer service. I did software and firmware update with Epson today. Still no luck. It’s seems like the option disappeared on Mac sometime ago. But generally speaking, it looks like certain options in Printer Preferences vanished after updating. I’m not exactly sure what update screwed this whole thing up. At least I’m glad I came across this thread because I thought I was having “a moment “. 🤭

Feb 19, 2024 9:38 AM in response to Cheyenne 1948

cleaning and I’m not sure why it’s gone. Even the Epson utility page no longer has an option. When I get time, I guess I’ll need to contact Epson customer service. I did software and firmware update with Epson today. Still no luck. It’s seems like the option disappeared on Mac sometime ago. But generally speaking, it looks like certain options in Printer Preferences vanished after updating. I’m not exactly sure what update screwed this whole thing up. At least I’m glad I came across this thread because I thought I was having “a moment “. 🤭

Feb 19, 2024 12:32 PM in response to Cheyenne 1948

Cheyenne 1948 wrote:

Epson XP-830. I ran through the printer menu and didn’t find anything but will look again. And look for manufacturer’s instructions on line and hope they are actually “instructive”. Thanks.

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd42851/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/xp830/cleaning_head_lcd_xp830.html

How to clean Printer heads without utility settings in the new system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.