You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro Max doesnt give me the option to update to iOS 17

I purchased a new Apple Watch SE and when I am trying to setup with my iPhone 14 pro max it is asking for iOS 17 in the phone.

but my phone os is up to date with iOS 16.7 and I am not seeing any upgrade option to iOS 17.

please help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 12:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 12:14 PM

Do you use VPN? If YES, then try turning the VPN off and see whether that resolves the issue. If you do not use VPN then:

Is it possible that your iPhone has an iOS 16 Beta Profile installed? See below how to double check:

——

Remove iOS 16 Beta Profile

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap on General.
  3. Now, tap on VPN and Device Management.
  4. If you have signed up for iOS 16 Beta, you will see it here. Tap on Remove Profile.
  5. Restart your device.

When your device restarts, go to Settings > General > Software Updates and check whether iOS 17 update is showing up or not.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2023 12:14 PM in response to meenu01chauhan

Do you use VPN? If YES, then try turning the VPN off and see whether that resolves the issue. If you do not use VPN then:

Is it possible that your iPhone has an iOS 16 Beta Profile installed? See below how to double check:

——

Remove iOS 16 Beta Profile

1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap on General.
  3. Now, tap on VPN and Device Management.
  4. If you have signed up for iOS 16 Beta, you will see it here. Tap on Remove Profile.
  5. Restart your device.

When your device restarts, go to Settings > General > Software Updates and check whether iOS 17 update is showing up or not.

Axel F.

iPhone 14 Pro Max doesnt give me the option to update to iOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.