You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M2 shrinks display, hiding notch and widening bezels on the side

I have a 16" M2 Macbook Pro, and I've noticed that some times the display shrinks down so that the top and size bezels are quite large. The notch is effectively hidden, and 1 cm or so of screen is black on either side. This happens whether applications are fullscreen or windowed. Taking a screenshot reveals that the display is still at its full resolution, just shrunk a tiny bit and with a black border. This happens usually within a day of turning on the computer, and restarting the computer is the only thing that fixes it. I have not used any external monitors with the computer. I am using MacOS Ventura.

If anyone else has this problem, or knows how to rectify it, please let me know. Restarting my computer once a day is becoming a pain.

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 2:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2023 3:12 PM

Hi,

You(d better contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro before one year limited warranty si expired or you do have AppleCare?

Official Apple Support

Find Locations

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

I think if it's a hardware related issue, it's getting worse and worse.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2023 3:12 PM in response to bobthedeadly

Hi,

You(d better contact Apple Support or take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro before one year limited warranty si expired or you do have AppleCare?

Official Apple Support

Find Locations

Mac Repair & Service - Apple Support

I think if it's a hardware related issue, it's getting worse and worse.

Macbook Pro M2 shrinks display, hiding notch and widening bezels on the side

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.