You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to deal with Aperture Libraries now.

I have an iMac on Mojave & harddrive with Aplibraries on it. I have a Mini with Lightroom Classic and am transitioning to it with newer photos and maybe some specific Aplibraries. I do have Avalanche.

What I would like to do is [for less important aplibraries] keep the final image [ie the original as edited and now Version 2 or whatever] = I don't need the original to then deal with again - the 'final' is fine. So do I go ahead and export all the 'final' versions [do they lose keywords? and titles?] or is converting via Avalanche to LRC or just importing into Photos best == we are talking about quite a few libraries = Not all that important but don't yet want to trash. I do have a lot of duplicate libraries so would like to join/merge them first, I guess.

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 7:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 11:01 AM

So do I go ahead and export all the 'final' versions [do they lose keywords? and titles?]

Yes and, then no. Export in high quality but also include the Keywords and Titles. It's a simple export operation in Aperture. Create an export preset that does this. It's in the Manual you can download that here:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1560/en_US/Aperture_3_User_Manual.pdf

And export presets are covered pages 364 - 374

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2023 11:01 AM in response to Victoria Herring

So do I go ahead and export all the 'final' versions [do they lose keywords? and titles?]

Yes and, then no. Export in high quality but also include the Keywords and Titles. It's a simple export operation in Aperture. Create an export preset that does this. It's in the Manual you can download that here:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1560/en_US/Aperture_3_User_Manual.pdf

And export presets are covered pages 364 - 374

Best way to deal with Aperture Libraries now.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.