You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export Aperture photos [as edited] to hard drive

I did find an answer, sort of, with a reference to the Aperture 3.6 Manual online but couldn't download the manual or even PDF it == so am asking again [unless you can direct me to the downloadable/printable Manual.

I have my Aplibraries [too many to count] saved on internal and external drives and on my Monterey Mac I have moved onto Lightroom & using Avalanche have translated some of the more recent ones for use in LRC = BUT my pictures go back at least 15-20 years and I'd just like to take them out of the Aplibrary they are in [I tended to do separate libraries per topic]. and either select the ones to 'save' and export those for use by other apps or just export the whole Library so I can review and delete or whatever later == So, what I want to save are the edited images not the Masters = what's the best way of doing that? I still have a Mojave iMac and would like to get it done before I lose that capability.

thanks

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 14, 2023 7:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 11:32 PM

Yes, you can save the original master files the same way, by exporting, but selecting to export the originals.

I have saved all originals, because my taste how to develop the originals keeps changing. And occasionally I want to start over and adjust an image differently, particularly, when I get a new display with a different color calibration.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2023 11:32 PM in response to Victoria Herring

Yes, you can save the original master files the same way, by exporting, but selecting to export the originals.

I have saved all originals, because my taste how to develop the originals keeps changing. And occasionally I want to start over and adjust an image differently, particularly, when I get a new display with a different color calibration.

May 23, 2023 7:28 AM in response to léonie

Léonie I have a Q where your wisdom might help = I'm having the devil of a time moving from Aperture to LrC - but I'm doing it slow but sure. But as I review all the many Aplibraries I have [I tended to create a separate one per general topic AND then sometimes duplicate them so I have about 1800 to work with = they're not all wonderful, but there are family photos, travel and etc.] - after using Avalanche to convert libraries to LRC format to then import etc I'm rethinking what I am doing and thinking I should use my Mojave iMac [which I saved for just this reason] to go thru my oldest Aplibraries and cull them and maybe just export either the originals or the final versions and deal with them later by importing to LRC -- in other words not mess with Avalanche conversion for things more than a few years old == I have Aplibraries going back to mid 2000s after all. Any thoughts on this change of process? I need to severely cut down on all I am doing and that might be a way to do it.

May 23, 2023 12:57 PM in response to léonie

Thank. you Léonie = my Q was sort of a general one as to just minimizing the ones I convert and for the others [mostly older and not necessarily good but don't want to toss yet [my estate can do that~!] I can just empty out the Aplibraries and save things - either Originals or Versions as you explained above = mainly curious about a good process == I really do have 1800 a-libraries but many dups so hoping to minimize my own involvement and let the computer do the work -- I decided on LRC because of the DAM properties == I really don't need it for editing - almost too powerful.

One thing I did learn this AM was that if I was in Monterey and clicked on an ApLibrary it opened in Photos as a separate library = which might be the way to go IF I knew which picture Photos took in = the latest version? Fine with me, just curious. Again thanks for your usual good help and conversation

May 24, 2023 1:57 AM in response to Victoria Herring

YOu're welcome, Victotria. Lightroom is probably a very good DAM for you. It is a state of the art professional tool, at the leading edge. My problem with the Adobe software is, that I just do not like the graphical user interface. I is just to cluttered with too many items at once and tiny fonts. I would have to use a Desktop mac with a large display to be able to work with these apps, but I prefer to use my MacBook Air or MacBook Pro, where I am not forced to set at a desk.

How to export Aperture photos [as edited] to hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.