You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Contacts

I have a Yahoo email account and an iCloud email account. The iCloud email account does not have all the contacts that are in the Yahoo email account. I want to move Yahoo contacts into the iCloud account and delete Yahoo email account.

I can add the Yahoo addresses one by one into the iCloud account, but they are described as "linked", so I do not know that if I delete the Yahoo account those addresses will be retained in the iCloud account.

Anybody done this?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 5:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 7:49 PM

Open the Contact App on macOS. Click the View menu and Show Lists.

You should be able to see Yahoo on the left sidebar lists and your iCloud as well.

Drag and drop contacts from Yahoo to All iCloud. It will copy the contacts. Verify you have all you need then you can delete the contacts listed in Yahoo if that is what you want to do.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2023 7:49 PM in response to SusanInThePines

Open the Contact App on macOS. Click the View menu and Show Lists.

You should be able to see Yahoo on the left sidebar lists and your iCloud as well.

Drag and drop contacts from Yahoo to All iCloud. It will copy the contacts. Verify you have all you need then you can delete the contacts listed in Yahoo if that is what you want to do.

Email Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.