You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low-Battery Warning for Apple Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard

I'm really disappointed that there is no way to set a notification for the Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard battery level. 10% or 2% isn't enough battery life for me to get through the day before plugging in. I need a reminder that pops up at 20%. Ideally this reminder could be snoozed until a time I can set, so when I'm done working, I can plug in my mouse for an hour or two before shutting down my Mac.

I found this tutorial for setting a new low-battery reminder through the command line: https://dev.to/samselfridge/magic-mouse-low-battery-alert-4mdo

The replies to other threads on this topic that said "just monitor in your bluetooth settings and keep an eye on the battery life" definitely won't work for anyone who has an executive function deficit, like me.

Mac Studio, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 11:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 12:55 PM

Or for people like me that have a Terminal function deficit, I just set a repeating reminder on my calendar for every 3 or 4 weeks.

3 replies

Low-Battery Warning for Apple Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.