You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro - Stalled Restore In Progress

I purchased an iPhone 14 Pro. I set it up with iCloud backup. Now my phone indicates “Restore in Progress - An estimated 100 MB will be downloaded to finish restoring your apps and data.” It’s stalled at this point for a week. What can I do?

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 11:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 17, 2022 10:45 AM in response to stampinsan

I’m wondering if other people are having this same issue. I AM able to use the phone. However, I could not install the latest update. When I checked out WHY I couldn’t, I found the “Restore in Progress - An estimated 100 MB will be downloaded to to finish restoring your apps and data.” When I tried to install the update the following happened “You can install the update when your iPhoneis finished restoring from iCloud Backup.” Is this a problem others are experiencing? I’m not really a iPhone Geek, and this is confusing frankly. Thanks for the help.

Oct 21, 2022 5:49 PM in response to Joe-Bruin

Hi there,

With the help of Apple Support it took no more than 30-45 minutes on the phone to fix my issue. Give them a call because I’m not sure I will give you the proper steps to fix the problem. I “think” I went to iCloud Backup and we cancelled the backup in progress. When that was done he had me install the latest update. But please give them a call.

Sandy

iPhone 14 Pro - Stalled Restore In Progress

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.