You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clearing iPhone update thru MAC-OS

Earlier today I connected my iPhone to my MacStudio and initiated a download to update the iPhone to latest iOS. And when the progress gave a 60 hour download time, I disconnected the iPhone to address at another time. Six hours later the MacStudio is still showing a download in progress which prevented me to initiate. So I disconnected and later initiated the update from my iphone and it took a few minutes and was done. And reconnecting, I synched photos and it still shows the download in progress. How do I clear this "download" action? When I click on the "?" in upper right, I get the not found dialog box. Looks like an eternal download that's not working. A bug?

Mac Studio, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 4:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 4:38 PM

Charles Palenz wrote:

Earlier today I connected my iPhone to my MacStudio and initiated a download to update the iPhone to latest iOS. And when the progress gave a 60 hour download time, I disconnected the iPhone to address at another time. Six hours later the MacStudio is still showing a download in progress which prevented me to initiate. So I disconnected and later initiated the update from my iphone and it took a few minutes and was done. And reconnecting, I synched photos and it still shows the download in progress. How do I clear this "download" action? When I click on the "?" in upper right, I get the not found dialog box. Looks like an eternal download that's not working. A bug?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/d38ceb32-2702-4e29-b9fb-e5f8fab19fa1

That question mark I suspect is not related— it is in on all your Finder windows...(?)

Hold the Command key and drag it off.

You can drag and drop just about anything on the Finder tool bar up there.

For your issue—reboot the Mac

restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2022 4:38 PM in response to Charles Palenz

Charles Palenz wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/d38ceb32-2702-4e29-b9fb-e5f8fab19fa1

That question mark I suspect is not related— it is in on all your Finder windows...(?)

Hold the Command key and drag it off.

You can drag and drop just about anything on the Finder tool bar up there.

For your issue—reboot the Mac

restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Clearing iPhone update thru MAC-OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.