You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dependent’s Apple Watch connected to my phone?

I want to buy my daughter an Apple Watch with cellular and GPS. She does not have her own iPhone. I have an Apple Watch and iPhone. Is it doable to buy her a watch that she can use to make phone calls and texts etc without messing up my watch and phone? Can I use my phone to set up her watch?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 4:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2022 4:31 PM

Thank you so much! So basically I need to make sure my cellular carrier will allow the family sharing plan? I went to Best Buy tonight to get my daughter a watch (we have a lot of reward points/best buy cash to spend there) and we were told there was no way to connect her watch to my phone without it messing up my watch’s connection and she wouldn’t be able to call me at all from her watch regardless. So all that was wrong…..

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2022 4:31 PM in response to Community User

Thank you so much! So basically I need to make sure my cellular carrier will allow the family sharing plan? I went to Best Buy tonight to get my daughter a watch (we have a lot of reward points/best buy cash to spend there) and we were told there was no way to connect her watch to my phone without it messing up my watch’s connection and she wouldn’t be able to call me at all from her watch regardless. So all that was wrong…..

Dependent’s Apple Watch connected to my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.