You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch to an Ipad

I am considering an apple watch for my son, but don't want to have to buy another iphone. My friend has connected her son's apple watch to his ipad, how is this possible considering all replies say you need to have a phone?

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 1:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2023 1:29 PM

It is not possible.

The watch used is either not an Apple Watch, or it's not connected to the iPad at all. There is no way to setup an Apple Watch with an iPad. Your friend is likely mistaken.

You can use Apple Watch Family setup to setup an Apple Watch for a person in your family that does not have an iPhone. It is set up through your own iPhone instead, but remains separate.

Click here ➜ Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Family Setup lets family members who don't have their own iPhone enjoy the features and benefits of an Apple Watch.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2023 1:29 PM in response to couldusesomehelp25

It is not possible.

The watch used is either not an Apple Watch, or it's not connected to the iPad at all. There is no way to setup an Apple Watch with an iPad. Your friend is likely mistaken.

You can use Apple Watch Family setup to setup an Apple Watch for a person in your family that does not have an iPhone. It is set up through your own iPhone instead, but remains separate.

Click here ➜ Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Family Setup lets family members who don't have their own iPhone enjoy the features and benefits of an Apple Watch.

Apple Watch to an Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.